Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Green Apple Guacamole


A problem I have with a lot of prepared raw food is that it's often heavy on the nuts. I love nuts, very much, but my stomach reacts negatively when I eat large quantities of them. So, I've been looking for more vegetable based meal ideas.


How convenient that guacamole is already raw. The green apple is my absolute favourite part of this recipe. I find that avocado can get overwhelming, but the texture of the apple and tomato help break up whatever it is about avocado that I find to be too much. Eating it with Raw Corn Chips also helps.


Green Apple Guacamole
(Serves 4 generously; adapted from The Nerd's Wife)

Ingredients:
  • 2 ripe avocados
  • 1 Granny Smith apple, diced
  • 1 tomato, diced
  • 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
  • juice of 1/2 lime
  • 1/2 jalapeno pepper, chopped—membrane and seeds removed
  • salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:

1. By hand or in a food processor, mash together avocados, cilantro, lime, and jalapeno pepper, to desired consistency.
2. Mix in apple and tomato. Season with salt and pepper.

10 comments:

  1. Omg I am so jealous!!!!!!!! I miss Mexican food! Avocados here are super expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am such a huge fan of guacamole, and am considered *the* guacamole maker in my family... but I have never tried it with green apples! What a brilliant idea. I will definitely try this next time. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also - wanted to let you know I've nominated you for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award! You can check it out in my most recent post. Thanks for being such an inspiration to me!

      (http://willcookforfriends.blogspot.com/2012/05/sausage-and-wild-rice-one-pan-wonder.html)

      Delete
    2. Thank you! That's so nice of you!

      Delete
  3. I love the idea of adding green apple to guacamole - how unique! I am a huge guacamole fan and always love trying different variations - I must try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure the green apple will provide a great sweetness and texture to the traditional guacamole. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite fruit. I'm sure this will be a great recipe to try.
    Top rated Buy Diesel Engines company

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks. Comprare frutta secca online

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...